Stantec Senior Electrical Engineer - High Wycombe in High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Stantec UK has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer in High Wycombe. This is a permanent role.
Contribute to the growing UK market by providing technical expertise in specialist areas of engineering. To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading edge programmes and projects.
To provide technical expertise in all areas of Electrical Engineering including Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (EICA).
• Work on projects in water, wastewater, energy, infrastructure and environmental sectors.
• Undertake initial feasibility and scoping, through design, procurement, construction and on site commissioning.
• Produce the technical EICA specifications and deliverables of the schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the High Voltage, Low Voltage and Instrumentation, Control and Automation scheme requirements.
• Take ownership for individual work outputs, whilst reviewing the work of others and remaining focused on important priorities.
• Write technical reports and prepare designs as part of an overall delivery team
• Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
• Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Senior Electrical Engineer - High Wycombe
To be successful in this role, you will have;
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
A chartered member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IET.
Experience in the water industry and preferably previous experience in the electrical and ICA elements in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
Experience of all stages of the project life cycle including feasibility & conceptual design, option appraisal and whole life costing, value engineering, detailed design, generation of contract specifications, tender appraisal and contractor management along with experience of plant inspection, testing, commissioning and handover.
A sound working knowledge of industry practice and legislation in Health & Safety is essential including client delivery management risk assessments, HAZOPs, and hazardous area reviews.
Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
Able to work well in a team and independently
Strong communication skills (both written and oral) with an ability to communicate at all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team.
A good client service focus.
Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task.
Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Electrical Engineering, Engineering Other
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):